Quotes

Naj's all-time favourite book quotes


"The problem with people is they forget that most of the time it’s the small things that count. Everyone’s so busy waiting in the Waiting Place."— Jennifer Niven

Words of wisdom

"A 22-year-old who's obsessed with books. She reads, A LOT, watch movies and tv, and oh she blogs too. Sorry for the hiccups here and there. Hope there are enough bubbles to make it up. "

Thursday 16 February 2017

January Wrap-Up - BOOKS

I know it's like mid february already but WHATEVER.

January wasn't really a productive month for me. Hence why I didn't read much and also why I watch so much tv and movies heh. TV and the internet kills books. Thanks a lot, TV and internet.

Books I read in January

The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan 
( 2.5/5 stars)

I didn't enjoy this book at all. Ok maybe the reason why I enjoyed it a little tiny bit of a smudge of it was because of how sweet Dash is. Other than that, NADA. It was slow and Lily was so annoying and immature and I didn' really remember Lily being like this in the first book. Because yknow I highly enjoy both Dash & Lily in the first book and when I was told there was a 2nd book I was ecstatic I mean, contemporaries needs to be a series to know what happens then in their lives right? But boy was I wrong. High expectations will just lead you to frustration.

Fly On The Wall by E. Lockhart
(3/5 stars)

Let me tell you this: I love E.Lockhart's We Were Liars. So like, I really had high expectations of this book. But then again, let me quote this again; "High expectations will just lead you to frustration.". It is LITERALLY a story about this girl who accidentally magically transformed herself into a fly and she just hangs around on a wall in the boy's locker room. Yeap, literally FLY ON THE WALL, throughout the whole book. It doesn't have much closure, the story was unrealistic and like SO DAMN CLICHE. She eventually gets the guys in the end right but can you not make it so fast and unrealistic?????????

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
(5/5 stars)

BEST BOOK OF THE MONTH hands down. It took me literally 2 freaking years to finish this book. So during my sem break, I read it til the end and ohmygod. I. WAS. NOT. OKAY. I am still not okay now when I think of it. The pace picked up kinda fast on where they left out in Six of Crows. I didn't realize I miss the crow crew so much until I read this. They all are my babies. I love them all so much. The ending had me bawling. THEY ALSO HAD STURMHOND IN HERE LIKE?????? Can it get any better?????? This book is perfect. I love this book. I want to marry this book.

You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
(4/5 stars)

It was a quick, and light read. The fact that I read this after Crooked Kingdom makes the experience a lot better. It was a nice contemporary read after some heavy fantasy stuff. Also, it's a road trip book. Have I told you how much I live for road trip books? They're SO fun. Anddddd it's a best friends to lovers story too IT'S JUST SO CUTE!!!

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
(4.5/5 stars)

I thoroughly enjoyed this book though it took me a while to read it. A week, to be specific. It wasn't as good as Saving Francesca, I mean SF was so much relatable to me I guess? But still it was such a great read, I love how they address the family and friendship element well and how it is suitable for both adults and young adults with alternative POVs between Tom and Georgie. I appreciate how Marchetta brings back old characters from SF as well like Frankie, and Will and Tara Finke (*winks*). It was filled with so much angst and humour and I LOVE IT. I guess the Marchetta hype was real after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whisper here, I won't tell